Thursday, March 8, 2012

...and then That Happened!

So testing on the flywheel covers continues, but the initial word is that they aren't melting, distorting or cracking so I decided to put one up on 'The Bay.'

This is my first production-grade quality example, that was otherwise slated to head out to one of Team Nerdspeed's elite test pilots. I'm still not sure how to manage the sale of these, but just the same I know I need to crank out as many as possible. They are starting to look REALLY good. Some new techniques have shown dividends. Also, while I will offer them in crystal clear acyrlic; equally clear, impact & scratch resistant polycarbonate is becoming my material of choice. The one on eBay is made of Polycarbonate. The decision here really hinges on cost. Poly costs about twice as much as acrylic, but in my opinion is worth the cost as mopeds tend to live rough & tumble lifestyles. -But I will leave that assessment to the Test Squadron. Perhaps acrylic can take the punishment??

4 comments:

Andrew Buck Michael said...

Looks so sick! Want, want, want! You could try contacting Treats and 1977 and sell directly to them so that way you won't have to worry about shipping to the masses... just an option. A guy in our gang has been doing that to save on stress.

If you happen to need some extra help in the Test Squadron area, let me know!

Josh said...

Thanks Boss! What kind of bike/s do you own? I've got other covers in the pipeline....

Andrew Buck Michael said...

I am all about Puch. Magnum/Metra. Maxi/Polini. I have messed with other bikes, but I love the simplicity & access
of parts.

Anonymous said...

Long time coming eh