Saturday, May 16, 2009

Super Cub: ROAR!

Yep. Liz got a 1962 Honda SuperCub 50. This is the most highly manufactured vehicle EVER. 60 million units in like 50 years. It's also acknowledged as the best motorcycle ever by some magazine or something. I'll say this, it's pretty durn cute. They were sold in the US for a very brief period, and then much later the Passport 70 came along, just in time to give overweight retirees a lift from one end of the campsite to the store in town. I think Liz is probably the most attractive thing to ever grace one of these machines, ever. Somehow small hondas = gross fat old dude magnet. Worse than Maxi-scooters. It's a bit of a mutant, it's 50cc, 17" wheels and pretty lightweight like a moped, but has a legshield like a scooter and 3 spd. semi-automatic foot shifting like a motorcycle. The Honda Super Cub Website is Awesome. seriously check it out. We're having compression issues, so Liz has an 2nd over piston on the way. I'm still looking for a machine shop to do the bore job on the little jug. This means that the 1979 Vespa P200 is going to be for sale soon, FYI...

2 comments:

-T said...

Sell me the Vespa, I'll put an E-50 on it!! But not really. The Cub's are nice though, as far as a scooter goes. In high school I had a black and white, 1969 Passport with a three speed centrifugal/manual clutch. It was the first motorized bike I rode around on in Seattle. Loved it.

Ian T said...

my first bike was a 3 speed honda 90 with hi/lo, they will always have a fond spot in my heart